In this competition, participants will be delivering English stories in accordance with the characters in their own style. Participants are given 10 minutes for their performances. Participants are allowed to use costumes, pictures, visual aids, and any supportive materials to make their stories more interesting.
The scoring criteria of the competition are Matter (grammar, vocabulary, story substances, pronunciation) and Performance (interaction, intonation, and punctuality of time,).
LOVECOMP 2015 Story Telling Competition will be held in three rounds, preliminary round, semifinal round, and final round.
· Preliminary round and semifinal round
Prepared stories. The participants have 10 minutes for performance.
1. The Competition will be held in three rounds, preliminary round, semifinal round, and final round.
2. Each participant must prepare 3 copies of their story (preliminary round and semifinal round).
3. Preliminary round is the first round where every registered participant competes.
4. Semifinal round is the second round where only ten participants with the highest score from preliminary round compete for Next Round (Final Round).
5. Final round is the third and last round where only five participants with the highest score from semifinal round compete for championship.
6. Themes for preliminary round and semifinal round are as follows:
a) Preliminary round : Magic World
b) Semifinal round : Fairy Tale
7. Every rule must be followed. Disqualification is necessary for any participant who violates the rule. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence pertaining to the judging process will be reconsidered.
RULES DURING THE COMPETITION
1. Each participant must come at least 30 minutes before the competition begins.
2. There will be two rooms for the participants. They are performing room and quarantine room. When the first participant is performing, the other participants have to wait in the quarantine room.
3. The participants who have performed may be the audience or get out of the room.
4. Every communication device must be silenced or turned off at the competition venue, unless permitted by the Committee.
5. Recording devices are allowed within the competition venue.
6. Supporters must not disturb any of the participant’s performance (ex: taking photo is allowed without flash). The Committee will expel supporters who violate any of these rules from the competition venue.
7. None of Supporters or participants come in or out the competition venue while performances
8. None of the participants is allowed to read any story text or keynote when delivering the story.
9. Participants may opt to use equipments (props or costumes), at their own expense, during the delivery of their performance.
10. Each participant will be called three times in a row based on his/her turn to perform (first chance).
11. Participant who doesn’t show up at the first call, three times in a row (first chance) will be called on the last turn (second chance).
12. Participants who don’t come on the second chance will be disqualified.
13. Equipments are as follows:
· Participants are allowed to bring equipments to enhance their story telling performance, as long as they take responsibility for those equipments, the committee will not be responsible for any lost or damage of the equipments brought by the participants.
· Participants’ equipments may not consist of harmful material or object
14. If participants still use the harmful material as the equipments while performing, he/she will be DISQUALIFIED at that time.
RULES WHILE PERFORMING
1. Participants must not endanger him/herself and/or anyone else’s health.
2. Should the participant continue to violate this rule after being warned, he/she will be disqualified from the competition.
3. The timekeeper as a sign for a participant to start delivering their story will raise a green flag up.
4. A yellow flag will be raised up again on the 4th, 6th, 9th minute.
5. A red flag will be raised up as a waning for the participants that the 10th minute time is up.
6. 15 seconds will be given as a tolerance time right after the 10th minute.
7. The tolerance time will be a consideration for score lessening. Thus every second past the tolerance time will reduce the score.
a. Matter (55%)
- Grammar 10%
- Vocabulary 10%
- Story Interpretation 25%
- Pronunciation 10%
b. Performance (45%)
- Interaction (stage act, eye contact, 30%
costume, equipments, expressions and
- Intonation 10%
- Time management 5%