- Every participant in this competition must be a senior high school student.
- The contents and materials used in this competition originated from the committee.
- Participants should remain outside the performing room that is designated by the committee until they are called to perform their news.
- Participants are not allowed to watch other participants’ performance.
- Every participant should be registered before the competition starts (at least 30 minutes earlier).
- Every participant or representative has to attend the Technical Meeting on the day.
- Dress accordingly for every round: formal dressed (includes shirt, pants, and shoes. Blazer and tie (men) are preferable) and semi formal dressed.
- Each participant will be called 3 times when their turn comes before considered as walk out.
- Every Participant will choose the news when the Committee already called the name of participant.
- Every participant should make their own opening and closing sentence.
- All judges'/adjudicators' decisions and results inside Result Sheets are considered as final.
- Properties categorized as sharp tools or dangerous weapons, liquids or powders that can litter performing room are prohibited.
- All participants should respect and appreciate every judgment from the judges.
Times of the Performance
- Timing will begin with the first word uttered by the contestant which would includes any other communication such as sound effects, a staged act, etc.
- The maximum time for delivering their news varies in each round. If a participant exceeds the performing time given, they will be deducted every 30 seconds of the exceeding time.
- Time keeper shall provide warning signals to the participants by clap his/her hands. First clap is one minute remaining
PRELIMINARY ROUND (News Reading)
- The materials for the competition consist of news. The main news materials will given in small letters without reading marks.
- Every Participant will read 1 news in the preliminary round.
- The maximum duration of each participant performance is 5 minutes (include opening and closing sentence).
- Preparation Time for this round is 2 minutes.
- Dress Code: Formal
SEMI FINAL ROUND (Sport News) – tag team
- The materials for the competition consist of 2 news letters. The main news materials will given in small letters without reading marks.
- The Semi Finalist will be divided into 5 groups. Each group consist of 2 Participant. Every group must deliver 2 news in pairs.
- Preparation Time for this round is 3 minutes.
- The maximum duration is 8 minutes (include opening, closing sentence).
- The scoring will be individual and includes the collaboration of each participant.
- Dress Code: Semi Formal
FINAL ROUND (News Reading+Weather forecast)
- The materials for the competition consist of news and Weather forecast. The main news materials will given in small letters without reading marks.
- For the weather forecast, the participants will get a picture of some region, which display degrees, weather, and etc. And the participant must illustrate that picture (weather forecast) to the judges.
- Every participant will read 1 news and present weather forecast in the Final round.
- The minimum duration of each participant performance is 5 minutes, and maximum 8 minutes (include opening, closing sentence, and weather forecast).
- Dress Code: Formal
- Performance (Self Presentation, Confidence, Gesture, Mimic, Expression and Eye Contact)
- Material (Intonation, Articulation, Tempo, Timing, Clarity)
- Ability in English (Vocabulary, Grammar, Pronounciation, Fluency)
- Appearance (Neatness, Clothes, Make up)
TD Newscasting of ENGLISH DAYS