In this competition, participants will be delivering their thought in form of essay in English with the theme “Youth Innovation through Globalization Era”.
ENGLISH DAYS 2015 ESSAY COMPETITION will be held in two rounds, preliminary round, and final round.
Essays will be judged on the following criteria:
- Creativity & originality
- Grammar & spelling
- Understanding of the theme
- Relevancy of the content and theme
- Essays must be 1,000 – 1,500 words. Footnotes, citations, endnotes, and essay titles will not be counted as part of the 1,000 – 1,500 words allotted to the applicant.
- Applicants must use proper grammar and spelling in the essay and will be penalized for use of improper grammar or spelling.
- Applicants are not permitted to include any forms of media other than plain text in their essays, such as photos, diagrams, or charts.
- Only one entry per student is allowed.
- Submit a comprehensive list of sources consulted, as well as one completed registration form. Sent to the committee’s e-mail with the format students name; address; e-mail address; name and address of high school, scanned student card and scanned paid registration proof. Before November 18th, 2015 23.59PM to email@example.com
- Essays must be typed in 12 point Times New Roman font, double spaced, A4, left-bottom-right-top one inches.
- Applicants may choose to cite external references in their essays, such as statistics or quotes. All external references must be properly cited as parenthetical citations, footnotes, or endnotes.
- Essays must be the original work of the applicant. Essays must neither have been entered in another competition nor have been published previously in any form or sold for publication. Essays must not contain material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others. Any essay that violates these rules will be disqualified and any awards made for such essay will be rescinded and must be returned to the committee. All essays will be checked for plagiarism by the committee.
- 10 best essays of 50 essays will enter final round
- For selecting three best essays as the winner of this competition, 10 participants must present their essay in front of adjudicators in form of presentation of their essay as creative as participant can, the duration of the presentation will be 7 minutes for each participant.
WHO MAY ENTER
- Senior High School Student and Varsity Student
- Registered Participant by completing registration form and pay the fee
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
- All submitted essays become the exclusive intellectual property of UKM-U English Society Unila, and we obtains all rights to use and republish all or any part of such essays upon submission to our blog.
- No essays or applications will be returned to applicants.
- There will be confirmation for each sent essay to our contact e-mail as notification you enter this essay competition
- Selected participant to go to the next round will be announce at our media social, and also sent notification to e-mail of each participant